Sunday, June 21, 2015

Quilt Finish!


They don’t come often, but they are very welcome when they happen.......... quilt finishes.  I finally quilted and bound Bruce’s banjo quilt.


It finished out at about 55x68”, a nice sized throw.  The back was the orange ombre cotton from Riley Blake Fabrics that I found in the thrift store (an entire shrink-wrapped bolt worth). To that I added some fat quarter solids in oranges, red and blue down the back.  The binding is the Kona blue.


This is my Goal #2 finish for the 2015 Finish Along with Adrienne of On the Windy Side.


I have got more finishes to show, but they all need to be in individual posts for the Finish-Along rules.

Tomorrow I have my granddaughter Lauren (age 11) coming to visit for the day. We will do some sewing and baking and who knows what else. So I may not get around to posting again until Tuesday.

Blogger/Google has really messed up my blog, and in checking the Help and forums, I see that it is a widespread problem due to some updates. A lot of my sidebar stuff is gone, and I am in the process of reconstructing it.  Must get the CQI (Crazy Quilting International) link and logo back up, plus my Etsy shop link and some other things.  While I was working on that, I installed a new blog template because I was sick to death of the old one (which is still on my Etsy).

So, I will be back to you in a couple days!

Cathy maroon

3 comments:

  1. Your quilt is a beauty - I'm sure your hubby is pretty happy with it too, and even happier that you made something special just for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finish - its so bright and clean and fresh.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!