Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Victorian Ladies and Snowballs

In the Crazy Quilting International group, we are still trading Snowballs.  Snowballs are mini works that friends trade with each other (similar to ATCs, or Artist Trading Cards). My request was for 4” circles in bright colors. This is what my friend Rita in Kansas made for me:


And in turn, Rita requested a hexagon in pink, cream and green with a butterfly or dragonfly. This is what I made for her:


* * * * * * * * * * *

I am also participating in a Victorian Ladies DYB (Do Your Own Block) round robin.   My first block was one of Gerry H’s.  She sent six blocks; each participant choses one block (6x6” square) to decorate, then passes them all to the next person in the rotation.  When the blocks return to their owner, five of six are complete.

Anyway, Gerry had some lovely images, and I selected the lady in purple. The embellishments include vintage tatting surrounding the central image, a stumpwork (3-D) parasol and purse, a fan, some stitching and silk ribbon work. I attempted to repeat her fabric colors (all her blocks use the same colors) in the embellishments. This was a really fun block to work on.


Until next time,
Cathy maroon

2 comments:

  1. Cathy, How do you attach the lace and other decorative items if your block is already sewn?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!