Friday, March 23, 2012

Snowball and Brussels Lace and London

Hello dear friends. This is a catch-up, catch-all post.

First, let me share with you the lovely Snowball that Connie made for me.  We traded, and you may remember my cream, gold and bronze Snowball for her from previous posts.  I had asked for a Snowball in bright colors. “Think Kaffe Fasset”,  I said. Well, Connie did an awesome job, don’t you think?  I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!  Thank you so much, Connie! It is perfect.


I plan to mount it in a hoop and hang it on my white studio walls around my thread storage pictured here.

* * * * * * * * * *

We are in the process of constructing blocks at Crazy Quilting International in colors and themes that represent the flags and countries of our members. Those blocks, in turn, will be assembled into a traveling international wall hanging.  Pam in Seattle is working on the Belguim block, and it has been a gorgeous work-in-process that has just come together amazingly.  Go see it on her blog and read how she chose the various symbols. When she first added all the lace, it sparked quite a discussion on CQI. And that very same day I happened to see the following framed lace on Etsy, and bought it on the spot.


My picture-taking skills do not do it justice, but it is just gorgeous. It, too, will hang in my studio.  Thank you, Pam, for inspiring me and sparking me to go on a quest to learn more about the beautiful laces produced in Belguim.  By the way, here is a great resource that I have bookmarked and would like to share with you.  It is The Lace Fairy’s Lace Identification website.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

I got to play with London again on Wednesday afternoon, which was a warm and sunny day here in the Salt Lake Valley.  Once I resigned myself to the fact that a nap was NOT going to happen, we went outside and played.  First, she rode (and I taught her how to steer) a little motorized pink car.  It is a good thing she has 14 more year to practice driving before getting a license! And then we discovered all the joys of the Back Yard. The first thing she asked me, and I have no idea how she remembered this, is “where are the grapes?” referring to our barren grape arbor. I had to explain that as it gets warmer and the vines start growing, it will go from this (picture from last year)


to this:
2009 or so
So, we played with her shovel and pail out in the garden, explored the rock pile and wood pile, climbed the hill of garden mulch waiting to be added, and generally got very dirty.  It was a blast!




Grammy, you need to paint the rails this year!
Until next time!
Cathy maroon

3 comments:

  1. That lacey etsy find is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Cathy, Happy Spring. Your Brugge lace is lovely. I have a similar piece. London is a sweetie. Isn't our weather been so grand. Hugs jusy

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!