Sunday, January 25, 2009

Secret Sister Revealed & Mail Goodies

On the Crazy Quilt International (Yahoo) group, we've had secret sisters for the past year. This month was the Great Reveal. My secret sister is none other than Carol Lindberg, an incredible CQ'er and seamstress as well as a doll expert. Her blog, Carol Sews , is one of my favorites. Carol has been so generous (almost TOO generous; she's a tough act to follow!), reliable, sweet and very crafty (as in sly, LOL) this year. It was wonderful to be the recipient of her lovely gifts. Her gifts were thoughtful, well-timed, and beautiful. Once she sent me a pieced table runner with fabric for the remaining prairie points and coordinating "goodies" to finish it!

And the culmination of it all came in the form of this BEAUTIFUL needlebook she made for me.
I actually needed a new needlebook badly (the one I use is one I threw together about 8 years ago, and besides being tired of it, it's falling apart!). This is light-years above what I had. Those roses are perfectly executed, and her note was such a lovely treasure. I will keep these forever!

And look at that! Carol even sent some new embroidery scissors. Who can't use those, LOL!?!? See how the lovely lace holds the scissors in place? Carol, thank you so much!!

And talk about a good mail day, as well as Carol's needlebook, one of my stash orders arrived! Here are the goodies I got:

Now I can get started packing up my projects for vacation!
Cathy

4 comments:

  1. The notebook is absolutely beautiful... lucky you!

    And your new stash... wow! I am sure whatever your plan for them, it will be beautiful.

    Must have felt like Christmas all over again. VBG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello My Friend, OH, How I LOVE your needlebook. It is truly gorgeous. Lucky you to have such a wonderful SS. And I enjoyed looking at your new stash. All of it is lovely. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol really made you a beautiful needlebook - so very elegant!

    The new stash looks great too!

    Hugs,
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!