Monday, October 20, 2008

More Autumn CQ Pillow Details

I finally finished - for REAL this time - my autumn CQ pillow. Because it's being entered into a contest, I won't be publishing a full picture of it until November. But in the meantime, I thought I'd share some of my favorite details.

Mr. Squirrel's "nuts" are just some sort of wooden bead, but his tail is real mink!!


My dear friend Gerry sent me some red fabric with shirred "puffs" that reminded me of.... a dahlia! So, I decided to make a dahlia and add it to this piece. All I did was stuff one of the puffs with a tiny bit of fiberfill, cut out puffs in roughly the shape of a circle around it, and stitched it down.

I was pleased with how this wheat turned out.


6 comments:

  1. Oh I agree!! That wheat went straight to my inspiration file! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wheat ears turned out fabuously and I just adore the squirrel tale. Good luck on winning, can't wait to see the block as a whole!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The squirrel tail looks real,,it looks great, where do you get these ideas from??? Love it and the wheat,,i've always wanted to try doing that,,maybe I will soon,,it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your squirrel and his tail are so great!
    Hugs,
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see the whole pillow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I cant wait to see the whole thing. Mink for the tail, wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!